At the height of 690 m from the sea level Amboli hill station is situated. This hill station is located in the southern range of Sahyadri hill range in Sindhudurg district. Sahyadri hills are one of the “Eco Hot-Spot” because of this we may found a lot of verity of flora & fauna some of them are unique.
Amboli hills are provides one of the source of the Krishna River which is most important river in the southern India. It is says that there are 108 temple of Hindu god Shiva around Amboli but among these only 12 have been discovered. Amboli top-hills provide a fine birds-eye view of the Konkan coast.
Image Credit: http://amboli.info/
Tip for Visitors: Amboli is good to visit in Monsoon season (During June to October)
- Nagartas Waterfall: This is the beauty of the Amboli hill station also it is main tourist attraction of Amboli. In monsoon season thousands of visitors visit this waterfall from Pune, Kolhapur & Belgaum.
- Hiranykeshi: This is natural place of warship devoted to lord Shiva. During the Mahashivratri in large number of pilgrimage gather here. Hiranyakeshi River arise from the mountain rock
- Karvi: This is the one type of tree which flowers only once in seven year.
- Sunset Point: In the evening, before extinguish of the sun there is amazing view of the sunset from the sunset point of Amboli. At horizon sunset turns in shades of orange, red & pink.
- Madhavgadh: This is the fort which four times bigger than the Shanivarwada in Pune.
- Adventure Caving: For adventure lovers it is challenge to explore this cave. This cave is of 300m long. Inside the cave there are seven ponds. One of these ponds sunlight is appears which surprising. Source of light is still mystery. This cave explored in January 1981 by the adventure lover youngsters.
How to Reach:
By Air: Nearest airport is Belgaum (68 km)
By Train: Sawantwadi (28 km) is the nearest rail way station. Another railwaystations are Belgaum, Kolhapur (129 km), Pernem (58 km) & Miraj (140 km).
By Road: Amboli is connected by proper roads to the Savantwadi, Kolhapur, Belgaum, Pernem, Ajara (32 km), Gadhinglaj (55 km) & Gargoti (79 km).