Vajrai waterfall is located just 27 kilometres from Satara. This waterfall is the tallest waterfall of India. The water of the Urmodi River comes down from the height of 1840 feet. It is the origin of Urmodi River. According to legend, Shree Saint Ramdas Swami has climbed this mountain in three steps therefore Water falls down at this waterfall in three steps.
Thousands of people from all over Maharashtra come here to visit this waterfall. The waterfall flows during entire year. You may experience the heavy rain fall during monsoon season at Vajrai waterfall. This is the place with full of natural beauty with great climate.
Vajrai is the devotional place for Bhambavli villagers. Due to this waterfall Bhambavli village has become very special. There are so many picnic spot around the waterfall like Tapola boating place, Kas flower valley. This is reason that the tourist attracts not just from India, but from all over the world.
Do not enter in dense forest without Guide. Guides are available in at Bhambavli.
Precautions to be taken by Tourists:
- Visit only between 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Non-veg are prohibited nearby one km circle from waterfall.
- Avoid visiting the place in heavy rains.
- Swimming at waterfall is prohibited because of quite deep ponds.
- Alcohol consumption is also prohibited.
- Kas Flower Valley: Kas is the small plateau which comes alive during July to October month. There are more than 150 types of flower, shrubs & grasses found at Kas.
- Bamnoli & Tapoli: This is the places where we enjoy boating experience.
- Sajjangadh Fort: This is the fort near Satara city. This is the place where Shree Samarth Ramadas Swami lived. Hence the fort is named as Sajjangadh.
- Thoseghar Waterfall: This is a scenic spot located near the small village Thoseghar. This water fall is just 20 km from Satara city.
- Mahabaleshwar Hill Station: Mahabaleshwar is the famous hill stations in Maharashtra. Mahabaleshwar is the famous as the holyday resort & honeymoon spot. Also we can see the farm of the strawberries & Mulberries
- Pachgani Hill Station: This is another hill station around the Waterfall which surrounded by five hills of Sahyadri.
- Wai Ganapati: Dholya Ganapati temple at Wai is one of the prime temple in Maharashtra. The idol of Ganapati is located on the ghat of Krishna River & it is very big.
- Gondavale: It is very famous pilgrimage place. This is the Samadhi place of Shri Gondavalekar Maharaj.
How to Reach:
By Air: Pune is the nearest Airport from Vajrai (137 km).
By Train: Nearest railway station is at Satara (27 km).
By Road: There is regular bus service from Satara to Vajrai & Satara is connected to Mumbai, Pune & Kolhapur by national highway.